Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week 1 in CCM Mexico (January 8th-January 14th)

  Thank you for the birthday wishes! I’ve been so homesick. There is little time to be homesick; because every moment of our day is planned out.
    The Teachers only speak Spanish in all our lessons; The Spanish is HARD. I’m struggling so much but I also feel like I am learning fast. We study ALL day long from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed!  The Spirit is so strong here and I love it. It is also really hard because I have so much work to do with Spanish.                             
    Ahhhh! I feel so pressured right now because there is a countdown to my computer time. I only have 50 minutes left and I have 15 emails from you and friends. I feel so blessed. I have two companions, Hermana Bleak and Hermana Young. They are the best. We are already really great friends and I love them so much. They speak really good Spanish and they are so patient with me. I can pray in Spanish; Kind of. I have done it three times now; once with our investigator, and two times in class. I always have to look at a cheat sheet for help but I’m getting better. I can introduce myself as a missionary and I can bare my testimony pretty well. The spirit is everywhere on this campus and it feels so amazing. All the missionaries in my district are great. We almost all flew in on the same plane from Dallas.
    My birthday was good. I was sad that I spent the whole day studying but at the end of the day all the people from our district (all three classes) came in and sang me Happy Birthday in Spanish. I felt so loved even by these people I knew for a day they all wrote me a note and gave me treats.  I had mentioned my birthday to one girl. Once!
    At first all the Mexican food in the cafeteria was very different but I’m starting to get used to it. The weather here is COLD. I definitely should have brought more than just two small Cardigans. I can already tell that I will need another pair of shoes when I get to Honduras. Haha.
    I miss you guys and I think about you throughout the day. Thank you for the pictures of the cats! I miss them too, they are so cute. I am going to try and figure out how to send pictures. I will figure it out eventually haha. I love you guys! There is so much to write and so little time. I love you guys!

Sam










0 comments:

Post a Comment