Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 2 in CCM Mexico (January 21, 2014)

    Hey guys! So the second week here at the CCM was way easier than the first. There is so much studying to do here but we also have a lot of fun. Sundays are a bit different because we have sacrament meeting with just our districts so it's my district (12a) and then district 12c so around 20 people ha-ha. Also the thing about Sundays is that everyone has to prepare a talk on the subject they give us and then right there in sacrament meeting they call out who is going to give the talks. So you always have to be prepared with a talk. And it has to be in Spanish! The whole meeting is in Spanish too. My first two Sunday I didn't have to give a talk which I am grateful for. My talks weren't that great. This past Sunday my companion, Hermana Young, got called on to give a talk and her talk was sooooo good. Her Spanish is amazing and her accent spot on. She took two years of Spanish before coming here so that was to her advantage. 
    My Spanish is progressing very slowly and it's hard sometimes but I try not to let it upset me. I just try my hardest and I think that is good enough because my teachers are always encouraging me even when my accent is horrible or I have to ask for help. So that is a real blessing.
    My teacher’s names are Hermano Garcia (morning teacher) and Hermano Castallanos (afternoon teacher). We also used to have another teacher but he moved on to teach a new district that just arrived last Wednesday. His name is Hermano Hernandez and he is hilarious. sometimes he says things in English and we all are like "oh we can speak English to him!" but then when we say something in English he doesn't understand and we spend 30 minutes trying to explain what we are trying to say. Ha-ha. For example we spend an hour explaining mullets to him. And then my companions and some of the elders were teaching him American slang. It was funny.
    Classes are hard. They’re all in Spanish so I often have a look of huge confusion because I have no idea what is going on. And then my maestro will look at me and explain in English. It is sad but also hilarious. I can bear my testimony in Spanish and pray though. so that is nice. I get called on to pray so much here. And I decided finally that I should just stop using the cheat sheet and learn some phrases since everyone is calling on me ha-ha. I guess that was the motivation that I needed. 

    Testimony: Yo se que Jesucristo es el salvador. Yo se que el evangelio es verdadero y yo se que dios es amoroso. Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es el profeta y él es inspirado. yo se que la iglesia es verdadero. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.
  
  My companions are amazing. They are so good at Spanish and are always trying to help me. We try to say all our companionship prayers in Spanish and I think that is also helping me a lot. My companion Hermana bleak, from Los Angeles, is a big Harry Potter fan and even listens to Harry and the Potters and we have really bonded over that ha-ha.
    I am running out of time because we only get an hour on the computers but I really miss you guys. I can’t wait to email you again next week!
Sam


In our closets. Hna Bleak, Me, Hna. Young
our best friends who we eat lunch with everyday. They're gone!
Walking to go email!

My group made this.

A view from our classroom. note: mexico flag.

best part of p-day: resting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment