Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 8 (March 3, 2014)

(2nd Week in Honduras)

This week has been so busy! My companion, Hermana Saldate, is so nice and her Spanish is amazing she is really helpful and patient, which is good because I ALWAYS need help. Siempre. Pero, I think that everything is good. Everyone says that their first few months were rough with the language so I am not too discouraged. Our days are long and we do so much but the time passes very quickly.

It’s hard to find people who agree to come to church because they work on Sunday! We have visited one family two times this week who say they aren’t interested in going to church with us because they belong to a different church. In Kansas City! But they agree to listen to us talk...so we have been teaching them ha-ha. They seem to enjoy listening to our messages. This is really good! They speak English and the daughter, Jennifer grew up in Kansas City so she is fluent in English. It’s nice to be able to bear my testimony in English ha-ha.

I am so happy that you guys have gotten my mail! It’s harder to send mail from here so I don’t know when I will get to send another letter, maybe later this week or next.

Things here, in Honduras, are so different than home but one thing that is the same is the church. And that is truly a comfort. It is nice to be sitting in church and be doing all the same things and learning the same things and singing the same songs. Even though I may not know the lyrics in Spanish, hearing the familiar tune is comforting.

We finally got a fan and a microwave and a new stove and some dishes for our house! This is exciting because now we can eat foods that can be microwaved and not just beans and eggs ha-ha.

This past Thursday we had zone conference with all the zones here in the south and it was very fun. The mission president came and we met for pretty much the whole day. It was super nice. There were a lot of talks and helpful lessons. And the chapel we were in had AIR CONDITIONING; me gusta. Also I got to see Hermana Young!!!!! She is serving in a different zone here in the south about 40 minutes away. It was so nice to see her and talk to her even though it had only been a week since we saw each other ha-ha.

I love you guys so much and I am so grateful to have family and friends who are so supportive of me and I am so happy to be here in Honduras, even when I feel tired and hot. Ha-ha.

I love you!


me and my companion! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment