Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 29 (July 21th- July 27th)

Week 23 in Honduras


For P-Day on monday we went and played Futbol with our zone in Choluteca at the stake center and it was really fun. It can be kind of frustrating playing with all the Elders because they are SO competitive (even though as missionaries, we aren't supposed to play competitively or keep score), but a few Elders and my companion, me, and two other hermanas from our zone played a side game that was much more relaxed and it was really fun! After we were all done, we realized the power was out and someone had closed the gate (which is electric to open if you don't have the key) and no we did not have the key so we were trapped inside! So we climbed the wall! haha

We also had divisions this week. I went to the other area in Yusguare with the sister trainer and one of the hermanas from that area. it was great to experience a new area and new people. and I had a lot of fun. divisions is something that I actually really enjoy. Their area is pretty similar to our area but it gave me an opportunity to get to know the members from the ward who live over there since we never go over there. Since their area is part of the same ward as ours, I knew pretty much all the members who we stopped by. That evening we had a Noche de Hogar at a member family's house and watched the Story of John Tanner movie and everyone there seemed to really love it. 

This week we had one baptism! The baptism was for our investigator, Marbin (pronounced like 'Marvin'. Marbin's wife is a member and all of her family are members and he has met with many many many missionaries in the past, but finally felt like he was ready to be baptized! And he really had a desire. 

The day of the baptism there was no power and when we did finally have power we filled up the font as much as we could but it wasn't very much water at all... just to about the knees. and Marbin is really tall so we didn't know what we were going to do. about 30 minutes before the baptism everyone started showing up and we were just like, "uhhhh theres pretty much no water" (and the water pump wasn't working again). So Marbin, the bishop, and Alan (his brother in law) started filling up the font bucket by bucket from an unknown water source (I think there is a well or something inside the shed they have at the back of the church haha). It was really amazing to see Marbin filling up the font for his own baptism, and you could truly tell that he wanted the baptism to happen and was making sure it would happen. it was great. 

The baptism was amazing and the spirit was so strong. All of Marbin's wife's family was there and he was baptized by the Bishop and he has such a strong support system in the church already. I know that his testimony and his faith is only going to grow in the future. 

And today... we are writing from the house of the Bishop. She wrote first (and I read Jesus the Christ) and then I wrote for about 5 minutes and then the power went out! we waited an hour and then went home. and right as we walked into our door, the power came back. haha. So we walked back to the Bishop's house so I can finish writing!

Anyway, miss you guys so much!
climbing the wall, the coolest tie, making baleadas during divisions, and me
Marbin and his family and us
The power went out again that night


Post a Comment