Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 19 - (The last full week of my mission)

Written post-mission: This was the start of one of the hardest weeks of my life, it seems like. Hna. Ponce left to Mexico and I got a new companion, Hna R. (who is amazing). She was in the same group as Hna. P! I continued to feel sick all the time. My body just didn't have enough energy and couldn't keep up. It was super hard. This Monday that I didn't update. I had spent a full week avoiding the infermera and speaking about my health. I had a feeling I just wasn't going to be able to keep up with the work while also being sick. I'd fallen asleep in meetings with members, I felt exhausted even after sleeping in and going to bed early, and walking around all day left me without energy during lessons. What morning the infermera called us. She asked how I was doing and I told her the truth. She said I should speak to President B. Before my meeting with the mission president, we had an appt at the hospital for my companion, she was sick and needed tests. Afterward we made our way to the mission office for my meeting with the mission president. During that meeting it was decided that for the benefit of my health and the progress of the work in Miraflores, it was best for me to return home. It was very hard. Not knowing when I would be leaving, we spent the rest of the pday shopping for souvenirs and it was all very solemn and surreal. Even though I'd gone through going home before, it was so different and so very hard. I knew I wouldn't be coming back and that I'd be home within a few days. 



One last picture together 
Saturday lunch with my fav Hna!
New Companion Hna. R. Trying to look happy after finding out I'd be returning home later that week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment