Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Arrival at the CCM Mexico (January 8, 2014)

My flight was great! Nothing went wrong.  There were quite a few missionaries on my flight from Dallas to Mexico City.  Getting off the plane in Mexico I met Hermana Young from Utah we are both going to serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission! I was so happy and relieved that I had found someone so quickly.  Hermana Young and I stuck together all through immigration and customs; I was so relieved I didn’t have to figure it out all on my own!

The flight from Dallas to Mexico City was not long at all, but I was soooo tired.  I still am! After going through immigration and customs we all had to wait for almost an hour while we got our bags sorted out.    On our bus ride to the CCM (Spanish for MTC) we rode though the city, there was a lot to see and it was really interesting! I will show you the pictures I’ve taken on another day.

Things I remember about the bus ride to the CCM: the smell of the city, the colors of the buildings, there is graffiti everywhere and some of it is really cool, many street vendors and some who walk through traffic, the hills around the city are really cool and I like how there are houses that grow up them.
 When we got to the CCM we got our information packets.  We found out who our Companion is and guess who mine is? Hermana Young; my airport buddy! We were both pretty excited.  We then went to eat dinner. Alllll Mexican food in the cafeteria, there were a few things I was not familiar with. All the food was pretty good except for some jello-type thing that Hermana Young and Hermana Tulley (from American Samoa) also tried and the consensus among our group was; Never again. Everyone in the cafeteria was coming up to introduce themselves, helping us find the bathrooms and showing us where to put our dirty trays. It's so nice.
Everything is so structured here.  I actually like it, it makes me feel relieved, and chaos would make me anxious. Ha-ha.  I can't believe that I'm actually in Mexico City already. Everyone here at the CCM is SO nice. I can't wait to talk to you guys and read to your emails.  I love you guys! Send me lots of mail!  Sam

Package Mailing:
Sister Samantha Jaquez
Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission
Colonia Florencia Norte, Contiguo a Sears
Entre Boulevar Suyapa y Price Smart
Edificio Plaza America, 3er Piso
Tegucigalpa M.D.C. Honduras C.A.
Phone# 504-2239-5587
Include Phone Number with ALL package Mailing.

Letter Mailing:
Sister Samantha Jaquez
Honduras Tegucigalpa Mission
Colonia Florencia Norte, Contiguo a Sears
Entre Boulevar Suyapa y Price Smart
Edificio Plaza America, 3er Piso
AP55603539
Tegucigalpa M.D.C., Honduras

on the plane!
leaving missouri
arrival in mexico!
the bus! (leaving the airport)
on the bus
hashtag el hobbit
mexico city
arrival at the MTC!
first meal

0 comments:

Post a Comment