Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Week 21- A Miracle

Hi everyone. Here's a really inspiring event that happened and wanted to share.

We had a good week. Last Monday (June 2, 2014) it was storming and there were no Moto-taxis going from the area where we were to our area, and the bus doesn’t go there. We were on the bus and it starts storming like crazy and we know we aren’t going to be able to get home unless a miracle happens. So I say the most sincere prayer I have said on my mission, probably. So, it was raining hard and storming and dark and the road is about a mile and is super dangerous even during the day so we had no idea what to do.

We were just sitting on the side of the road under a roof of a pulperia (small store) about 15 minutes later a moto taxi pulls up to the pulperia and it is a guy who we know very well who always gives us rides! He said he wasn’t working (just like all the other Moto-taxies they are on strike for reasons) he was just buying a few snacks for his kids! But there he was someone we knew who would drive us all the way home! Oh and our phone wasn’t working at all this whole time so we couldn’t call anyone. Basically, it was a miracle.

I really wanted to tell you that all week. I told it bad because I don’t have much time. But I thought it was amazing. Have a great day tomorrow I love you all!
Love, Sam

*Moto-Taxies are like motorcycles but with three wheels, they are enclosed and have two seats in back

Sent June 11, 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment