Monday, August 3, 2015

Semana 4 (Otra Vez)

Hola todos!

This week was really good. I feel like it was a little bit longer than the other weeks for some reason. But that is probably because it was fullll of stuff.

This past week we had divisions and I stayed in my area with the sister training leader Hna M. She was great and actually taught me a lot. Including a detailed descriptive lesson on the difference between the two different past tenses used in spanish. 

We also had Zone Conference with all the zones here in the city. It was great to hear encouraging words from Presidente Bowler. I learned a lot about obedience, which was great because obedience is one of the things I realized is important in humility. I also learned a lot about teaching by the spirit, especially in asking inspired questions. This is something I need some practice with. I hope that I can become great at teaching by the spirit. I know that the more humble I am the more I will be guided and helped while teaching. 

We talked to a lot of people on the streets with week and had the help of a few ward missionaries. It was nice to go out and work with people from the ward. 

We are working a lot with members here which is supposed to encourage them to take part in missionary work and give us people to contact. This helps us a lot with teaching more than finding. I hope that we can help members feel the spirit during our lessons with them and that they have more of a desire to do their part en la obra misional. 

Honduras is a hot as ever. I'm happy that this summer I am not in the south. what a blessing. haha. 

Spanish update: it's coming along. I'm praying a lot for the gift of tongues. Sometimes I feel like the words just come easily even when I don't understand how I'm saying them and I know that's a real blessing. But other times I'm stumbling all over trying to form my thoughts into words. 

Today (p-day) with our zone, we visited a town called Valle de Angeles and went hiking to a waterfall. It was really fun and reminded me of all those hikes we would go on in hawaii. Then we looked around the town in a few shops. It's a really big tourist destination apparently. I saw a few americans. o=

I hope everyone is having a great summmer!

Love, Sam


0 comments:

Post a Comment