Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 3 (Otra Vez)

Hello!

This past week went by so fast! I hope that all the weeks go by as fast as this one.

Andrea, our investigator was baptized on saturday. We have been teaching her ever since I arrived in the mission (she had one lesson before I came to this area). She has been the perfect investigator, always reading, asking questions, and praying. We had a lesson with a member present and he testified about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit was so strong that she started to cry and told us that she was ready to be baptized. She already had a baptism date but it was a very spiritual experience for us all. I am so happy that I was able to be part of her journey.

I'm starting my fourth week this week and I hope that I can continue to grow and progress as a missionary. I feel like I am learning a lot about what it means to be the best missionary I can. This week I realized that a part of that means being more humble. As I humble myself I will be able to love others more and be more receptive to the feelings and needs of those we are teaching. 

My Spanish is progressing little by little. I think it definitely helps that I am with a companion who does not speak English. Which means I am constantly improving my grammar in every way from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. No dreams in Spanish yet, though. I feel like I'm in a transition period where I am stumbling with Espanol but also feels weird to speak in English. 

I am looking forward to receiving mail from all of you soon (haha)!

Love, Sam





0 comments:

Post a Comment