Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 6 (Otra Vez)



Hello!

This week was good. Another full week of hard work and baleadas. 

Nothing super exciting happened this week. It was pretty ordinary. We taught and walked around and had meetings. 

There was one lesson that sticks out in my mind. We were teaching an investigator more about Jesus Christ and the atonement. And he brought up a video we had watched in church last Sunday about the Plan of Salvation. He talked about how he knows it is important to accept the Gospel in this life and to always perseverar hasta el fin. He said that he knows there are people waiting in the spirit world for their families to accept the gospel, be baptized, and do their family history work and go to the temple for them. The spirit was so strong. I really do hope that we can continue to help him prepare to be baptized and that he will find the strength to do all he needs to do in order to be baptized. 

This upcoming wednesday we have cambios. My companion has over 18 months in the mission, so she is going home. She is really happy to be going home to her family. I can't wait for that day to come as well (but for now I am enjoying missionary life). I am nervous to get a new companion and be the one to know our area because I am still getting to knoww the members and the location of house and all. I hope we don't get lost too much haha. I hope I get a companion who loves to work hard. I know that working hard and occupying my time with missionary work will help me be the best missionary I can be. 

This past week it was cloudy almost everyday! The weather was great. I can only hope it will be like that again this week. Pero, no creo porque hace calor y sol ahorita. =/

My journey of becoming more humble is coming along. I have discovered that humility is related to so many more aspects and that to be completely humble is hard. It involves being obedient, selfless, charitable, and so many more christlike aspects. Every night before bed I come up with one goal for the next day that will help me be a little more christlike and it has been really helpful. One of my favorite goals this past week was to "Smile all day" So the next day I smiled and greeted everyone on the streets and not only did I feel happier and stronger about missionary work, but my relationship with my companion, with members, and with investigators improved as well. It's a fun and helpful project, to make daily goals to be more Christlike (you should try it too!).

I love you all! Please watch a good movie for me! haha. 

love, sam



​We had a waterballoon fight today as a zone and I got soaked.

with one of my Zone leaders, Elder L.

I've used three cans of OFF all on my own since getting here six weeks ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment