Monday, August 24, 2015

week 7 otra vez (CAMBIOS)



Hello!

This has been a very busy week. A lot has happened. We had changes on wednesday and Hna C. finished her mission and went home, and I got a new companion. I am now training. My companion is new to the mission and just got here from the Guatemala CCM. 

Training is so much more challenging that I every thought. It always looks so easy when other people are training. I have, now, so much respect for my old trainer Hna. S. Not only did she teach me how to be a missionary and how Honduras funcions, but she also taught me spanish in 12 weeks. My companion is from Honduras and I will be training her until she leaves from Mexico. She's staring her mission here until her Visa gets all sorted. She is very motivated and excited to work. I am trying to train her as best I can so that she can develop good skills right now. 

I am so grateful that I have recieved the opportunity to be a trainer because it means that the mission president, and the lord, trust me to be a leader and to be a good example. I know it will be a challege for me, but i also know that the lord will provide a way. (1 nephi 3:7)

I have officially completed 9 months in the mission field which means i have nine more. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to serve the lord and to help spread the gospel. i am also greateful to have been able to return to finish serving and to have been able to return to the same mission where i started.

on saturday we had a missionary conference (all the honduras, tegucigalpa missionaries and all the honduras, comayaguala missionaries, and broadcasted for internet to all the central american missions) with elder russell m nelson of the quorum of the 12 apostles. i am so grateful to have had this opportunity. i learned so much about the expectations the lord has for me as a missionary and as a daughter of god. we learned so much about how important it is to testify of the plan of salvation and to take our investigators to see the temple in person. i really do think that his words will change the way we teach here in honduras. 

i love you all and hope that you have a great week. 
please email me and send me letters in the mail. if you dont know the address, ask my mom she should know.

love,
sam


the last picture with hna c. before changes

my former companion, also hna c. went home as well. she served her whole mission without being send to the south. que buena suerte.

my new companion! hna. p.

in our area of miraflores. i was thinking the other day about how i wanted to serve in a big city before i got my calling (thinking of tokyo, paris, new york) and here i am in a giant city. not quite what i had expected but its still the greatest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment