Monday, September 7, 2015

Semana 9 (Otra Vez) / Semana 42?)

This past week was very interesting. A lot of normal missionary stuff happened and a few un-normal stuff happened too.

On tuesday morning around 2AM I woke up with a sharp pain in my right knee. I couldn't move my leg at all because of the pain. The pain didn't go away all morning and we left to work as normal but I only made it to lunch before I had to call the mission nurse. I spent most the the day in the house resting. Two days later we went to the doctor and she said I have tendonitis. So right now I am taking medicine for it and it it still hurts by this saturday I will have to go back to the doctor. 

So for the rest of the past week we have been trying to do work close together (appointments closer together) so that I don't have to walk as far or as fast. It has been pretty good but a few days were a little bit hard.

Spanish update: good. slowly but surely I am still progressing. I understand more every day and am able to say a little bit more every day as well. 

Weather update: hot. it rained a few days ago and my companion and I didn't have umbrellas or anything. one member made us ponchos out of garbage bags so we wouldn't get too wet. haha. 

We are still working hard and teaching and finding. my quest to become more humble continues. Although, it has slowed down a little bit. this is because as a mission, we are studying about ten topics in the guia para el estudio de las escrituras, which doesn't exist in the english book of mormon. We are studying a lot about family history and how to teach everyone about the gospel through talking about family history. it it really great and my testimony is growing a lot as i study the assigned topics. 

One experience from this week: We were having a small lesson with a member after we ate lunch at her house. My companion and I hadn't planned the lesson so we weren't sure what direction it would go in. After the prayer and introduction and all, I decided to ask the sister to recount a spiritual experience she'd had in her week. Her eyes lit up and she told us that since she had been praying for a few days that someone would come to her house and ask her about a spiritual experience she had had that past week. She said she wasn't sure who would come and answer her prayer but that she really needed someone to talk to.  She told us of her experience and about how her testimony in family history and temple work had grown. To me, my testimony of following the promptings of the spirit grew. I wasn't sure what I was going to say when we started the lesson. But because I followed the spirit, I was able to ask an inspired question. A question that this sister had been waiting for. I know that as I continue to have faith and as I am obedient and strong, I will always receive the help I need in order to help others. 

i love you all. 

write me letters. write me emails. all the time please. 

love, sam

(the night we walked around in trash bags because of the rain)

Watching the zone play soccer all morning  (I wrote you all letters so expect those in about a month)

(One hermana has this tiny little book of mormon and i would really love it if someone could buy me one and send it to me. i think they sell them on the lds store website)

we all ate pizza for lunch. i honestly dont know how much more little ceasers pizza i can eat.

Listening to one of our zone leaders tell jokes as we eat.

emailing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment