Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 10 (Week 43?) Sept 7 - Sept 13 2015

Hola.
Como estan todos?

Esta Semana pasada fue muy interesante. trabajabamos mucho, y también descansabamos mucho. me enferme en miercoles, jueves, y viernes, entonces fue un poco dificil a trabajar con un fiebre alto. pero estoy bien ahora. Pero tuvimos la ayuda del senor bastante, porque tenemos muchas nuevas investigadores, y tambien tenemos 4 investigadores con fetcha bautismales. espero que vamos a tener muchas bautismos en el mes de octubre.

I love you all very much. I think about home and about my family all the time. This past week my companion and I worked very hard to improve our teaching and finding methods. We talked to a lot of people on the street and challenged a lot of people to be baptized. As a result, we have a lot of new investigators, future investigators, and we have four investigators with baptism dates. I hope that those who are preparing for baptism continue to feel the importance of the gospel and the church and that they are able to meet the requirements of baptism. 

This week I was sick with a fever for three days. We did everything we could to lower it, showers, sitting in front of the fan, staying hydrated, fever reducing medicine, but i was just so exhausted and feverish. We weren't able to work as hard as normal, and for one day we were in the house all day. I am now much better and able to work like normal.

weather update: hot as ever here in teguc. it rained on and off yesterday. which was really nice. i forgot to use sunscreen for about a week but i have started using it again. 

This past week we were in a lesson with an Investigator, M, teaching The Plan of Salvation. The spirit was so strong and we asked her if she had read the assignment we had left in the Book of Mormon. She said she had. Then, we asked her if she had prayed about it and she said she did. First of all, the fact that we have gotten to this point where an investigator has read and prayed without constant reminders and help is a blessing on its own. She said that she didn't think she received an answer so we asked her how she expects to receive her answer. She told us that she wasn't quite she but that she expected it in the form of a dream. We taught her about the the holy ghost speaks to us and that there are many different ways we can feel an answer, but for most people it is through feels of peace, warmth, happiness, etc. She said that now that she knows what to look for in an answer she will pray again. She then asked us how WE had come to realized the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. So my companion and I both shared our stories of reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. I don't know how to explain how we felt in this lesson. I truly know and have a testimony of teaching by the spirit. I was able to understand and ask inspired questions that were able to help M think about the importance of prayer, the book of Mormon, and the plan of salvation and how each were relevant to her own life. I know that I cannot do this work without faith or without the help of the lord. I know that as I teach by the spirit the words I need to say are not entirely my own, that I am being guided and helped in order to help others who are truly trying to become closer to heavenly father. I also know that in order to receive this help I need to be faithful and obedient.

Thanks for the constant support as I am here serving in Honduras. I really do appreciate it!

Love you, 

Sam

Favorite scripture of the week: 2 Nefi 25:26

TURTLE

This picture was taken when I had a fever of 38.5 C and was sitting in our apartment trying not to be miserable.

The only picture I took today. This morning watching the others play basketball.

0 comments:

Post a Comment